How did God assure Jacob (Israel) that it was okay for him to move all of his sons and their families down to Egypt to be with Joseph?
(1) By a prophet? (2) By a voice in a vision? (3) By an angel?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 46
And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I. And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation: I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee up again: and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes. (Genesis 46:2-4)
Joseph recognized his brothers, but they did not recognize him. He accused them of being spies and held Simon giving the others instructions to do what in order to get Simon out of jail.
(1) Return home and bring their brother Benjamin back with them? (2) Take the food and don’t come back to Egypt? (3) Make their father return to get Simon?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 42
When Jacob’s 12 sons, because of their jealousy toward Joseph, made plans to kill their brother, which one of the bothers stepped in and stopped them? He suggested instead that they throw Joseph in a pit, with plans to go back later and get him?
(1) Reuben? (2) Judah? Simeon?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 37
RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 45
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- Jacob was married to two sisters, Leah, and Rachel. Which one of the sisters had a problem baring a child? ___________________
- (True or False) After Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt they were completely trusting in God and did not worry about what they would eat. ______________
- Which of the Old Testament Kings was known for his dancing before to Lord? (1) King David? (2) King Solomon? Or (3) King Ahab? ___________________
- God spoke to Job out of a W__________________?
- How does God feel about us contacting familiar sprits? (1) It can only be done when a priest is present? (2) He considers it an abomination? Or (3) It’s all right if we pray for God’s protection? _______________
- (True or False) The Bible teaches that a person who is quick tempered shows a lack of understanding. _______________
- (Fill in the Blanks) J_______________ not, that ye be not J_______________. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
- (True or False) Jesus stated that a house divided against itself could not stand. ________________
- What is the identical number of seals, trumpets and thunders, which are spoken of in the book of Revelation? 6? 7? Or 8? ____________
- Who spoke these words? “Woman, why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou?” ______________________
- And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die. (Genesis 30:1)
- And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness: And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger. (Exodus 16:2-3)
- And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod. So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet. (2nd Samuel 6:14-15)
- Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, (Job 38:1)
- When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
- He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. (Proverbs 14:29)
- Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. (Matthew 7:1-2)
- But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. (Luke 11:17) (AND) And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. (Mark 3:25)
- And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. (Revelation 5:1) And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. (Revelation 8:6) And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. (Revelation 10:4)
- Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. (John 20:15-16)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.