RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA
BIBLE TRIVIA 62
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
1. What did Moses tell the children of Israel were two of the reasons why God made them wander in the wilderness for 40 years? (Choose 2) (1) To protect them (2) To humble them? Or (3) To test them? _______________
2. Moses speaking of the manna God had fed them made this statement to the children of Israel. (Fill in the blanks) That he might make thee know that man doth not live by B_______________ only, but by every W_______________ that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
3. (True or False) While in the wilderness for those 40 years, the children of Israel’s clothing did not ware out? _______________
4. (Fill in the blanks) Let another man P_______________ thee, and not thine own M________________; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
5. Who of the Major Prophets spoke these words? Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. (1) Jeremiah? (2) Isaiah? Or (3) Ezekiel? _______________
6. Shortly after his birth when the baby Jesus was taken to the temple by his parents, there was a just, devout elderly man named Simon who had been told he would not die before he would see the Lord’s Christ. Who was it that had told Simon this? (1) The Chief Priest? (2) John the Baptist? Or (3) The Holy Spirit? ____________
7. What was the name of the elderly lady prophetess that also greeted the baby Jesus and his parents in the temple that day? (1) Joanna? (2) Martha? Or (3) Anna? ____________
8. Jesus’ parents were frantic when at the age of twelve Jesus came up missing for 3 days. Where did they find Jesus? (1) With other family members? (2) In the temple? Or (3) With a friend? _______________
9. What interesting statement did Jesus make to his parents after they located him? (Fill in the blanks) And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my F_______________ B______________?
10. (True or False) The people that had been talking with Jesus in the temple were not impressed by his knowledge? _________________
1. And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. (Deuteronomy 8:2)
2. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live. (Deuteronomy 8:3)
3. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years. (Deuteronomy 8:4)
4. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips. (Proverbs 27:2)
5. (Jeremiah) Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. (Jeremiah 1:6)
6. And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; (Luke 2:25-31)
7. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity; And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem. (Luke 2:36-38)
8. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day’s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance. And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business? And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. (Luke 2:41-51)
9. See above scriptures. (Father’s business)
10. (False) See above scriptures.
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.