RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA
BIBLE TRIVIA 110
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. THE ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
1. (True or False) Noah’s son Cush was the father of the mighty hunter named Nimrod? _______________
2. Nimrod was the founder of what city in the land of Shinar? (1) Jerusalem? (2) Nineveh? Or (3) Babel? _______________
3. What one thing did King David do that caused his wife, Michal, to despise him? (1) Danced before the Lord? (2) Married another woman? Or (3) refused to take her to see her father? ________________
4. What Jewish celebration came into being as a result of the actions of Queen Esther? (1) Passover (2) Feast of Tabernacles? Or (3) Purim? ________________
5. (True or False) In Job 41 God describes a charterer called leviathan that he depicts as being the king over the children of pride? _______________
6. (True or False) According to the Proverbs, the Lord can change a government leader’s heart (or mind) whenever he chooses? _______________
7. (True or False) Jesus made it very clear that he would not set down at the same table and eat with a person who was living in sin? _______________
8. What was the church leaders of the day, or scribes and Pharisees, reaction to Jesus and his disciples eating with sinners? (1) They admired their love for the needy? (2) They murmured and questioned them? Or (3) they sat down and ate with them also? _______________
9. (Fill in the blank) This I say then, Walk in the S_______________, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
10. According to the book of Revelation, where is the Ark of the Testament located? (1) In the temple in Jerusalem? (2) In the desert? Or (3) in the temple in heaven? _______________
1. And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. (Genesis 10:8-10)
2. (See above scripture)
3. And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul’s daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart. (2nd Samuel 6:16)
4. To confirm these days of Purim in their times appointed, according as Mordecai the Jew and Esther the queen had enjoined them, and as they had decreed for themselves and for their seed, the matters of the fastings and their cry. And the decree of Esther confirmed these matters of Purim; and it was written in the book. (Ester 9:31-32)
5. Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? (Job 41) Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride. (Job 41:33-34) (I just listed the 1st and the last 2 verses) For more details you might want to read the entire chapter. He is also spoken of in Isaiah 27:1.
6. The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. (Proverbs 21:1)
7. Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? (Luke 15:1-4)
8. But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? (Luke 5:30)
9. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
10. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. (Revelation11:19)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.