RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 30
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- Abraham went to battle against those who had taken his nephew, Lot. Upon Abraham’s return from the battle what mysterious man met and blessed Abraham to whom he, (Abraham) gave tithes? M_______________
- What does the name Abraham mean? Father of many what? N_______________
- How many disciples did Jesus have? _______________
- Daniel was able to interpret a strange dream that King Nebuchadnezzar had dreamed, which indicated that the kingdom was going to be taken from him? Twelve months later it happened. What bold statement was King Nebuchadnezzar claiming that brought him down within one hour? (Fill in the Blanks) Is not this great Babylon, that ____ have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of _____ power, and for the honour of _____ majesty?
- What idea did King Herod encourage among the people, which instantly caused him to be struck dead by God and then eaten by worms? (Fill in the Blanks) And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a g__________, and not of a m__________?
- (Fill in the Blanks) And I say unto you, A_______________, and it shall be given you; S_______________, and ye shall find; K_______________ and it shall be opened unto you.
- God called Paul to preach to the children of Israel and also to kings, but his main calling was to preach to and convert what group of people? The G_______________
- Who was the highly esteemed man of God, and king, who pretended to be a madman in order to divert an evil kings interest in him, and it worked? (1) David? (2) Saul? Or (3) Solomon? _______________
- What does the book of Proverbs say about arguing with a fool? (Yes or No) Are we to argue with him? _______________
- Why did Joseph leave his hometown of Nazareth and take Mary, who was pregnant, to Bethlehem? (1) To visit relatives? (2) To worship in the temple? Or (3) to be taxed? _______________
- And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. (Genesis 14:18-20)
- As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. (Genesis 17:4)
- And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities. (Matthew 11:1)
- The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? While the word was in the king’s mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon. (Daniel 4:30-33)
- And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. (Acts 12:21-23)
- And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)
- Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. (2nd Timothy 1:11) (And also God speaking) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake. (Acts 9:15-16)
- And David laid up these words in his heart, and was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath. And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down upon his beard. Then said Achish unto his servants, Lo, ye see the man is mad: wherefore then have ye brought him to me? (1st Samuel 21:12-14)
- Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. (Proverbs 26:4-5)
- And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) (Luke 2:3-4)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.