RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA
BIBLE TRIVIA 60
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks.
1. (Complete the sentence) For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that W_______________ F________ H________.
2. What did each of these women have in common? Elizabeth, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Manoah’s wife (Sampson’s mother)? They were all said to be what? B_______________
3. Elizabeth was the mother of J_______________? Sarah was the mother of I_______________? Rebecca was the mother of J_______________ and E________________? Rachael was the mother of J_______________ and B________________?
4. (True or False) The Bible teaches that someday we will have a pure language? ________________
5. Who was the New Testament woman that spoke these words? “How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?” ________________
6. The New Testament character who saw a vision of a sheet full of animals being let down from heaven was? (1) Paul? (2) Peter? Or (3) John? ____________
7. (Yes or No) According to the Proverbs, if we overstay our welcome at someone’s home, they could turn out not to like us? _______________
8. When Jesus had healed ten lepers, how many returned to thank him? 2? 6? Or 1? _______________
9. Which of the disciples did Jesus call “Simon Barjona”? (1) Peter? (2) Andrew? Or (3) Thomas? _______________
10. (Fill in the Blanks) When I was a C_____________, I spake as a C________________, I understood as a C_______________, I thought as a C________________: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1. For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. (Isaiah 64:4)
2. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years. (Luke 1:7) But Sarai (Sarah) was barren; she had no child. (Genesis 11:30) And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah (Rebecca) his wife conceived. (Genesis 25:21) And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren. (Genesis 29:31) And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not. (Judges 13:2)
3. And his mother (Elizabeth) answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John. (Luke 2:60) And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: (Genesis 17:19) And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau’s heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she (Rebecca) bare them. (Genesis 25:26) And she (Rachael) called his name Joseph; and said, The LORD shall add to me another son. (Genesis 30:24) And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she (Rachael) called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin. (Genesis 35:18)
4. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. (Zephaniah 3:9)
5. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? (Luke 1:34)
6. But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. (Acts 11:4-6)
7. Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour’s house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee. (Proverbs 25:17)
8. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. (Luke 17:15-18)
9. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:17-18)
10. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1st Corinthians 13:11)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.