RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA
BIBLE TRIVIA 90
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. THE ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
1. After living 10 years in the land of Canaan what drastic measure did Sarah, Abraham’s wife, take because she was so distressed about not having a child? (1) She told Abraham she was going to leave him? (2) She gave Abraham her handmaiden to have children with? Or (3) She prayed and fasted before the Lord? _______________
2. (True or False) After going back to Egypt to free the people as God had instructed, Moses never once question God? ________________
3. While the Philistines were still in control of Bethlehem, David made a wishful statement that caused 3 of his Captains to go to Bethlehem and get something for him. What was it that David said he so desired from Bethlehem? (1) Fruit from the fruit trees? (2) Wine from the grapevines? (3) Water from the well of Bethlehem? _______________
4. (True or False) David immediately drank the water? _______________
5. (Fill in the Blanks) There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath N_______________: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great R_______________.
6. Who in the New Testament repeated these words that were written in the Old Testament book of Joel? “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:” Joel 2:28 (1) Jesus? (2) Peter? Or (3) Paul? _______________
7. (True or False) Mary, the mother of Jesus, had a sister who stood at the cross with her? _______________
8. (Yes or No) The soldiers broke Jesus’ legs as he hung on the cross? _______________
9. (Fill in the Blanks) Give, and it shall be given unto Y_______________; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the S_______________ measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
10. How many days after his resurrection did Jesus continue to show himself to the disciples? 30, 40 or 50 Days? _______________
1. And Sarai Abram’s wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife. (Genesis 16:3)
2. And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me? For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all. (Exodus 5:22-23)
3. Now three of the thirty captains went down to the rock to David, into the cave of Adullam; and the host of the Philistines encamped in the valley of Rephaim. And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines’ garrison was then at Bethlehem. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate! And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the LORD, And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest. (1st Chronicles 11:15-19)
4. (False) see above scriptures
5. There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches. (Proverbs 13:7)
6. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: (Acts 2:14-17)
7. Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. (John 19:25)
8. Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: (John 19:32-33)
9. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (Luke 6:38)
10. Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: (Acts 1:2-3)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.