RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA
BIBLE TRIVIA 59
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
1. Who was the Old Testament (minor) Prophet that was instructed by God to give his children these unusual names, Jezreel, Loruhamah, and Loammi? (1) Daniel? (2) Jonah? Or (3) Hosea? _________________
2. Speaking to the people of Israel in Hosea 4:1 the Lord declares that there is no truth, mercy, or knowledge of God in the land. He continues in verse 6 by saying (Fill in the Blanks) “My people are destroyed for lack of K________________: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast F________________ the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
3. (True or False) The Bible teaches that the children of Israel will return to the Lord In the latter days? ____________
4. (Fill in the blanks) There is therefore now no condemnation to them, which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the F________________, but after the S________________.
5. Who was the Old Testament King that pleased the Lord when he prayed this prayer? “Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?” (1) Solomon? (2)? Jeroboam? Or (3) Rehoboam? _______________
6. (Yes or No) If a person who has wronged us “falls flat on their face” are we to rejoice? ________________
7. What New Testament character were Priscilla and Aquila associated with? (1) Peter’s helpers in Christ Jesus? (2) Paul’s helpers in Christ? Or (3) Luke’s helpers in Christ? _____________
8. Which wife of Jacob stole idol gods from their father, Laban? Was it Leah or Rachael? ________________________
9. Not knowing that his wife had stolen these gods, what condemning words did Jacob speak when confronted by Leah and Rachael’s father Laban? He said, with whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not L_______________?
10. (Yes or No) Are the words we speak of much value? _____________
1. And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. (Hosea 1:4) And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. (Hosea 1:6) Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God. (Hosea 1:9)
2. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (Hosea 4:6)
3. Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days. (Hosea 3:5)
4. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)
5. Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. (1st Kings 3:9-10)
6. Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. (Proverbs 24:17-18)
7. Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: (Paul) (Romans 16:3)
8. And Laban went to shear his sheep: and Rachel had stolen the images that were her father’s. (Genesis 31:19)
9. With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them. (Genesis 31:32)
10. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:36-37)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.