While living in the land of the Philistines at Gerar, Isaac told the people of the region that Rebecca was his sister and not his wife, just as his father Abraham had done with his wife Sarah? Why did Isaac tell everyone that Rebekah was his sister?
(1) Because he was so much older then Rebekah? (2) Because she was so beautiful he feared someone would kill him and take her? (3) Because he liked appearing as a single man around the other women in the area?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 26
RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 50
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- (Yes or No) According to Hosea 6:6 does God wish us to have knowledge about him more then sacrificing for him? ________________
- In Micah 6:6 what three attributes does Our Father say he wishes us to have? (1st letter given) (1) To Do J__________________? (2) To Love M__________________? (3) And To Walk H__________________?
- (Fill in the blanks) And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to F________________ the LORD thy God, to W________________ in all his ways, and to love him, and to S________________ the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the C________________ of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?
- (Yes or No) Does God have the emotion of jealousy? __________
- What occupation did David have with King Saul before Saul turned against him? (1) Captain? (2) Armourbearer? Or (3) Chief Guard? _______________
- (Yes or No) According to the Apostle Paul, can we trust our flesh? _____________
- (True or False) A person who is willing to show favoritism of persons is more apt to take a bribe? ________________________
- Jesus says when he returns with his angels he will reward us all according to our what? (1) Sacrifices? (2) Watchfulness? Or (3) Works? _______________
- (Yes or No) Before their son Isaac was born God told Abraham and Sarah what to name their son. ____________
- (True or False) God, Our Father, will never correct us. ______________
- For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6)
- Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:6)
- And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? (Deuteronomy 10:12-13)
- (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth. (Deuteronomy 6:15) AND (among several other scriptures) For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: (Exodus 34:14)
- And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer. (1st Samuel 16:21)
- For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. (Philippians 3:3)
- To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress. (Proverbs 28:21)
- For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)
- And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. (Genesis 17:19)
- And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? (Hebrews 12:5-7)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.