While Paul was in Ephesus there were seven sons of a Priest named Sceva that tried in ignorance to cast out an evil spirit, but failed. The evil spirit said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” What did the evil spirit do?
(1) Leaped on them, and overcame them? (2) Went into a colt that was nearby?
(3) Stayed where it was?
ANSWER FOUND IN ACTS 19
RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 5
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- Abraham was 75 years old when God told him to leave his homeland of Haran. He obeyed God and took L_______________, his brother’s son with him also.
- What is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things we don’t see? F_____________________
- An angel comforted Elijah, who had become discouraged, because of threats made toward him by the evil Queen Jezebel. Elijah, who was one of the greatest prophets to ever walk this earth, was in fact, depressed. He was so disheartened that he wished he could what? ________________
- Sometimes God feels grief. Prior to the flood of Noah why did God feel grief and regret? (1) Because man wasn’t happy? (2) Because man cursed God? Or (3) because men’s hearts were evil continually? _______________
- Mankind was not the only one letting God down. He was also discouraged about something that the angels were doing which encouraged and influenced mankind toward evil. What were some of the angels, who are called the son’s of God, doing? (1) They saw the daughters of men and were marring them? (2) They were appearing to man and teaching them advanced technology? Or (3) they were taking people to heaven for visits? _______________
- According to Peter, is it better to suffer for doing good, or for doing bad? __________________________________
- A deputy who was requesting to hear the truth called Paul and Barnabas to speak to him, but a sorcerer interfered and tried to stop them. What happened to that sorcerer? (1) He was converted? (2) He became blind? Or (3) He died? _______________
- In the book of John it describes how Jesus fed over 5000 men with only five barley loaves, and two small fishes. Afterwards when they collected it how much food was left? (1) 1 basketful (2) 5 basketfuls? Or (3) 12 basketfuls? _______________
- God instructed man that when preparing meat, he was not to eat the what? (1) Blood? (2) Organs? Or (3) the feet? _______________
- Job had lost everything including his children, but in the end how many children did God again bless Job with? 3, 10, or 15? _______________
- So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. (Genius 12:4-5)
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
- But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. (1st Kings 19:4)
- And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. (Genesis 6:5-6)
- And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. (Genesis 6:1-2) ALSO IN Jude it is written. And the angels, which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)
- For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. (1st Peter 3:17)
- Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand. (Acts 13:9-11)
- Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten. (John 6:13)
- Only thou shalt not eat the blood thereof; thou shalt pour it upon the ground as water. (Deuteronomy 15:23)
- So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. He had also seven sons and three daughters. (Job 42:12-13)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.