When Abraham journeyed into the land of Gerar a 2nd time, Abraham instructed his wife, Sarah, to say she was his sister. The King, Abimelech, did take Sarah into his home, but in a dream God stopped him from touching her. When Abimelech confronted Abraham, what did Abraham inform him about his kinship with Sarah?
(1) He said Sarah actually was his sister and wife? (2) He said Sarah was not his wife. (3) He said Sarah was his brother’s wife?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 20
After leaving his homeland and heading to the land of Canaan, Abraham diverted to Egypt due to a famine in the land. When they went into Egypt, what did he tell his beautiful wife Sarai (Sarah) to say to the people and the Pharaoh concerning their relationship?
(1) That she was a queen? (2) That she was his daughter? (3) That she was his sister?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 12
After living 10 years in the land of Canaan what drastic measure did Sarai, Abraham’s wife, take because she was so distressed about not having a child? (1) She told Abraham she was going to leave him? (2) She gave Abraham her handmaiden to have children with? (3) She prayed and fasted before the Lord?
ANSWER FOUND IN GENESIS 16
RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 28
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- What is the name of Noah’s great grandson who became a mighty one in the earth? He was called a mighty hunter before the Lord? (1) Nimrod? (2) Judah? Or (3) Benjamin? _______________
- After leaving his homeland and heading to the land of Canaan, Abraham diverted to Egypt due to a famine in the land. When they went into Egypt, what did he tell his beautiful wife Sarai (Sarah) to say to the people and the Pharaoh concerning their relationship? (1) That she was a queen? (2) That she was his daughter? Or (3) that she was his sister? _______________
- The Pharaoh in Egypt did indeed take Sarah into his home. What action did God take against the Pharaoh for doing this? (1) Plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues (2) Caused a great earthquake? Or (3) brought a great flood in the land? _______________
- (Fill in the blanks) A time to cast away stones, and a time to G_______________ stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from E_______________
- Paul in his 2nd letter to the Thessalonians describes how he had worked hard while he was there with them and said frankly, if you don’t work, then you don’t what? (1) Get to be a part of the church? (2) Get Paid? Or (3) Eat? _______________
- James beginning his letter to the twelve tribes scattered abroad points out that we should consider it a joy when troubles come because it tests our faith and teaches us what? (1) Truth? (2) Love? Or (3) Patience? _______________
- (Yes or No) Did Jesus have any earthly brothers and sisters? ________________
- David decided to build a house or temple for the Lord. Nathan the prophet of God spoke to David concerning building that house. What were God’s instructions to David? (1) To start the temple immediately? (2) Not to build the temple? _______________
- Who was it that built the temple? (1) David’s son, Solomon? (2) David? Or (3) David’s son, Absalom? _______________
- What part of Adams’s body does the Bible say God used to create Eve? (1) His arm? (2) His rib? Or (3) His hair? _______________
- And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. (Genesis 10:8-9)
- And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon: Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive. Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee. (Genesis 12:11-13)
- And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram’s wife. (Genesis 12:17)
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; (Ecclesiastes 3:5)
- For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. (2nd Thessalonians 3:10)
- My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. (James 1:2-3)
- And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. (Mark 6:2-3)
- Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the LORD, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in: (1st Chronicles 17:4)
- Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where the LORD appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite. (2nd Chronicles 3:1)
- And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (Genesis 2:21-22)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.