When Jesus, Peter, James and John came down from the mountain after the transfiguration, Jesus warned them not to say anything about what they had just seen until when?
(1) Until Passover? (2) Until Jesus rises from the dead? (3) Until Jesus’ crucifixion?
ANSWER FOUND IN MATTHEW 17
RAINING TRUTH BIBLE TRIVIA ã
BIBLE TRIVIA 46
Note: These questions are to teach us. Do the questions once and then go back and do them a second time…and see how much you have learned. It is easier to print out the page and then fill in the blanks. ANSWERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.
- Who was the governor of Judah that indicated he did not wish to be involved in the crucifixion of Jesus and washed his hands of the whole thing? Pilate? Caiphas? Or Barabbas? ___________________
- In Revelation 13 how many beasts are described as rising up out of the earth? Fourteen? Two? Or Twenty? ____________________
- How many heads does the first beast have? Zero? Three? Or Seven? _______________
- How many heads does the second beast have? One? Two? Or Seven? _______________
- When Jesus, Peter, James and John came down from the mountain after the transfiguration, Jesus warned them not to say anything about what they had just seen until when? (1) Until Passover? (2) Until Jesus rises from the dead? (3) Until Jesus’ death? _______________
- After Jonah had done such a good job of preaching to the people of Nineveh, they repented of their sins and God spared the city. What was Jonah’s reaction? Was he pleased or displeased that God had spared the city? ___________________
- What is the name of Jesus’ earthly father? _______________
- What was his (Jesus’ earthly father) first reaction to finding out that Mary was pregnant? (1) Put her away privately? (2) Have her stoned or (3) make a public example out of her? _______________
- What miraculous thing happened to Joseph that changed his mind concerning Mary? (1) An angel appeared to him in a dream? (2) He heard a voice speaking to him? Or (3) a prophet spoke to him? _______________
- When Solomon’s son, Rehoboam, took over as king of Judah he was given advice from the old men to lighten the burden of the people and from the young men to increase the burden of the people. Whose advice did he take? (1) Old men? Or (2) Young men? _______________
- When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. (Matthew 27:24)
- And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (Revelation 13:1) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (Revelation 13:11)
- And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (Revelation 13:1)
- And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (Revelation 13:11)
- And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. (Matthew 17:9)
- But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. (Jonah 4:1)
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 1:18)
- Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. (Matthew 1:19)
- But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 1:20)
- And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men’s counsel that they gave him; And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. (1st Kings 12:13-14)
Don’t get discouraged. Go back and keep doing the questions until you know all the answers. Our Father appreciates the fact that you are trying. May God’s blessing be upon this study of His word, Amen.